Saturday, November 13, 2010

TB tests

Yay! I got my PPD test checked today and...wait for it...yep, I definitely do not have TB:-) (Shocker I know:-)



I officially have my dossier and homestudy medical reports done, although I must say (and my Dr. agrees with me!) is a rectal exam truly necessary to determine if I am healthy enough to parent a child?!?!?! I thought the bonus of our "pregnancy" with this child was that it was all on paper and involved no invasive medical procedures....

Ababa's medical paperwork, um, yeah, not so much.  We both forgot that he had a positive PPD a few years ago when he was volunteering at the hospital and he had to take the pills and get a chest xray (he was likely just exposed as a child, but they had to be super sure since he was volunteering)...anyway, he can't have any more PPD tests now.  Apparently, once you have a positive PPD test and do the therapy you can only get chest xrays to determine your TB status.  So...he has to go to the hospital on Monday (they were only open until noon today and his Dr's appointment didn't get done until noon) and get a chest xray, then set-up another time to take the traveling notary to the Dr's office and get his paperwork done...Argh!  Hopefully we can get it all done this week, but his Dr might only be in the office on Monday and it takes a day to get the results of the chest xray...So, we'll slog through the rest of our list for the week and just try to get his medical paperwork done as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment