Tuesday, October 9, 2012

B's prayer request

We finished praying tonight before B went to sleep, but he had an addendum, "Mommy, pray fun day at school tomorrow"

Oh my heart!

At 4 weeks in, B is starting to like school but still frequently says "school is too big...was it scary...mommy i'm sad" when asked about school or when I drop him off at school.

previously his prayer requests have also included "mommy, pray only good dreams, no bad dreams, bad dreams go away!"

I am so grateful that he is starting to use words for emotions/feelings, and that he wants to pray about these things, but I wish that he wasn't scared and sad in these situations.

He is growing and we are growing through these experiences of bad dreams and the transition to school, but it is hard and scary and sad.

Staying home with him full time is not an option for me or Ababa right now, but I am grateful that we were able to be home with him full time for 6 months and part time for the next 9 (and as pesky as those Jewish holidays can be for scheduling, I am grateful for them too b/c B has been home with Ababa 1-2 days a week since school started and that has helped the transition immensely).

On another note, if you only buy 4 adoption books for the first 6-8 years by far B's favorites have been:

-Guess How Much I Love You (his fave for the first 6-9 months, and still read frequently)
-A Mother for Choco (I think this is his all time favorite book and he constantly walks around talking about how mommy is Mrs. Bear and B is Choco and Daddy is big nut brown hare and B is little nut brown hare! He would read this every day)
-Horace (months 9-15 but still read frequently)
-Rosie (in the past month he has started to get more into this book-which is specifically an adoption book, but it has not reached the level of the previous three yet.  I have a suspicion that this might become a fave in a year or two)

No comments:

Post a Comment