Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In case you were wondering...I am a mom:-)

Well, one year into being a family and we have experienced several crucible moments in the past few days.  Just in case you were wondering, we are definitely parents:-) and now have experienced a few more of those quintessential "childhood moments"

***mom and dad, stop laughing now, I know that you've been waiting about 32.5 years, since I was 18 months, for this one to happen!***

Although he is fully potty-trained during the day, and the tincture of chinese herbs and probiotic that we are now trying to treat his giardia (since 4 rounds of different antibiotics haven't made a dent in it) are finally giving him non-explosive poop, B decided that it was time to use poop as paint--body paint, face paint, wall paint, clothes  paint, you name it, he painted it.  Luckily for me, I was in the kitchen doing something so Ababa discovered this and had to deal with the aftermath (score!).

However, Ababa got me back yesterday.  I was at work and have a Dr's appt with my "Lady Doctor" in the afternoon, Ababa was working an ambulance shift, and it turns out that our daycare lady had to close early, so Ababa dropped B off at my work...just B...no toys, no snacks, no wipes, no books, no distractions...nothing!  So, through 2 hours at work, an hour and a half at the Dr, and another 2 hours at work, I had to keep an active, talkative almost 4 year old occupied while doing work, taking important business calls, sending many time-sensitive and detail-oriented emails (oh yeah, did I mention that this was my last day in the office before vacation?) and sitting in the Dr's office having my lady parts looked at...

I may or may not have thrown a box of paperclips and pieced of shredded post-its all over my office floor and convinced him that picking them up and putting them into a small waterbottle was a super fun activity that constituted making a "thunder cloud" that could then be shaken to make "thunder" and poured out to make "rain".  Thank goodness that my kid has a great imagination and can spend 2 hours playing with post-its, paperclips, and water bottles!

I saved my "Secret weapon" aka my phone for when we would be at the Dr b/c I wasn't really sure how I was going to keep B occupied while the Dr was all "up in my business".  The Dr was running late so we waited for 40 minutes and B somehow completely locked my phone about 5 minutes before the Dr came into the room.  Super fun!  In fact, my phone remained locked until Ababa came home at 3 am and had to completely re-boot it, removing the battery and everything.

So in less than a week, we've encountered the new trifecta of parenting--"poop painting", "bring your child to work b/c the daycare closed early", and "going to the Dr with your three year old in tow".

Bring on the vacation!  We need it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment