Friday, January 11, 2013

Not the best day

In case you are wondering why I haven't called you back in the past few weeks, it's b/c my phone battery can't hold a charge (even when plugged in).  Hopefully, that will get fixed over the weekend, but no guarantees b/c...

we have the flu...and it sucks!

Well, to put it more accurately I have the flu...since Monday.  I thought it was a head cold with a random fever, but a trip to the Dr. yesterday when my fever was still fluctuating between 99 and 102 after taking max doses of advil and he said he thinks it's the flu.

B seems to be healthy, I've tried not to hug/kiss/snuggle him but our apartment is pretty small so it's not like he's been in a bubble.

Ababa has taken great care of me, but today he woke up on the wrong side of bed, totally surly which is not like him at all.  He has been a grump all day and Mr. "I never take naps" has been napping for the past 3 hours, so I think he might be next (but am praying that he's just tired).

Oh yeah, we're dog sitting for a friend and we have a car and live in Manhattan so whomever is healthy has to take care of two dogs, moving the car 1 everyday to avoid street cleaning, B, and the sick spouse.  Ugh!!!  I am finally getting better, but am so not ready for that.

This has hit me like a truck.  It has been several years since I was this sick.  The good news is, I think I lost all the holiday weight, bad news, I now have a weeks worth of work to catch-up on (in addition to everything that piled up while I was on vacation for 2 weeks).

So, once my phone is fixed and I can talk for more than a few minutes without getting tired (this post took a while to write!) I promise, I'll call you back.  In the meantime, even more so than usual, email might be your best bet.

ETA: ...and it just got better...B had a "kaka accident" that he tried to wipe up, resulting in him clogging the toilet, me throwing away a pair of his pants and socks, a pre-dinner bath, and a disinfecting of the whole bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment