Monday, March 28, 2011

Super craptastic day...

Well, after several hours in the auto-phone system and on email with USCIS it seems that our I-171H is not close to being issued...every prospective adoptive parent I have talked to in the past 3-4 months has gotten their I-171H within about 2 weeks after fingerprinting.  Apparently not us...

We are now well into 3 weeks and no sign of our I-171H so I reached out to USCIS.  After a bunch of run arounds for a receipt number that was not on our fingerprinting receipts, we learned that our case has still not been assigned to a case worker and that USCIS is estimating 75 days from receipt of I-1600A to processing (and approx. 30 days from receipt to be assigned a case worker).

The first reps I spoke to online said the number we had couldn't be tracked in the online system and was being processed by the local center, but I was under the impression that all I-600A applications were being processed through the central processing center.

Also, our receipt number starts with SIM (which the caseworker on email said all of their case receipts start with) but the USCIS site it specifically says: The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS.  It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC).  When I called the first few times they specifically said only those letters were what could begin the receipt number. Our receipt number with SIM doesn't work in the online system either...


Shocker, there seems to be an issue here...I wish that USCIS could get their story straight and get our I-171H issued ASAP!

We are at 40 days from receipt of our application and no sign of a case worker...

Sigh...!  We could really use a good break right now!!!

B-we love you and are trying to bring you home as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment