Monday, September 26, 2011

Practical Travel Info


Blog Post Series: Practical Travel Info

I will try to post weekly travel posts from during our time in Addis, but I know when we were planning our trip one of the best resources for travel info was other families’ blogs, so I am going to start with a series of posts on practical travel info. I imagine these would also be helpful for adoptive families in other countries and who travel during different times of the year, but please note we were in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and we traveled from the end of June until the end of September 2011 to adopt our now almost 3 year old son B.


A very helpful guide we took with us was the Addis International School’s Guide for New Teachers HERE; however, as we learned, some of the items in here were not quite correct, like the International Evangelical Church Service times are only 9:30 and 11:15 (took 3 weeks of being late to church to figure that out:-).  I’ll try to note big differences in my descriptions.

This little series will include:


Maybe someday I'll get around to entering and linking these:-)

Medical Care-in an emergency, the Swedish Clinic and Korean Hospital are great
Packing List
Shopping (practical and souvenirs)
Things to Do
Day Trips

No comments:

Post a Comment