Sunday, September 25, 2011

WE ARE HOME!

I am beyond happy to type this post title:-)

We were in Ethiopia for three very long months.  The last month was just me and B as Ababa had to come home to start class (though he got stuck in Germany for 3 days due to Hurricane Irene).

I go back to work next week :-( but in the meantime I'll try to post a series of posts on our travel experience (I may or may not have drafted these during some of the most boring weeks in ET and they may or may not be approaching 30 pages of info at this point so there may be multiple posts per day for a while). Hopefully they'll be helpful for other families who are traveling and for our friends and family if they want to learn more about our experience there and practical things like what we packed and where we ate.

We learned an incredible amount about Ethiopia, its culture and peoples, but we also learned ALOT about adoption, agencies, and governments during our time in ET. We'll try to share this on the blog too.

Most importantly, we officially and legally in Ethiopia and the U.S., became parents to an incredible little boy!  (We'll post some about the bonding process too this week).

We're still getting over jetlag, but for now I'll leave you with this picture of the most adorable little boy on earth:-)



2 comments:

  1. I am more excited than words can express for you both. Praise God that you're home safely and soundly after quite an ordeal. I can't wait to talk to you guys when you get a chance, but of course I understand it may be awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW IT!! YEA!! Welcome to 'this side' of adoption ...at HOME:)!! Hope work re-entry goes smoothly! c

    ReplyDelete