Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh Lordy...!

Sometimes you are speechless as a parent, that was me today...

I got home from work.  B had had a fun day at school--made valentines, played games (one that was so fun that he had his first accident b/c he didn't want to stop!).... He was a little hyper and disregulated when I got home (which he usually is for 15-30 minutes when I first get home) but today he was oscillating between bouncing off the walls and climbing into my lap and cuddling (that is not usual).

He kept curling himself up into a little snuggly ball in my lap and then...wait for it...

He said:

Mommy, B in your tummy, baby's grow in mommy's tummy, B grew in mommy's tummy, B goes into mommy's tummy now.

The he said:

Mommy, there's a baby in your tummy, right now, right der, there's a baby in your tummy (FYI, there is most definitely not a baby in my tummy right now, we would feel blessed for that to happen in the future, but since we are still co-sleeping I am 100% sure that there is no baby "right der":-)

Then he said:

mommy, that's empty (patting my chest)...B see inside...B go inside now...B is mommy's baby and B goes in mommy's tummy. B see (pulling out my shirt) B get inside?!

This all happened in about 3 minutes of constant chatter...um...errr...what to say?!?!?!?!?!

I gave him a big hug and kiss, said that babies do grow in mommys' tummies, that he grew in his Enat's tummy  (Ethiopian word for mother) but that mommy was his mommy now and would always be his mommy.  Then I said there was no baby in my tummy right now (and that my shirt was staying on:-), but that we could snuggle as much as he wanted.

We have talked about adoption vaguely, and talk about his extended family in Ethiopia (his Enat and Abat are both deceased), read adoption-related books that are age appropriate, and talk about adoption-related things and our three months in Ethiopia frequently, I guess we need to expand on that topic now...

No comments:

Post a Comment