Sunday, June 24, 2012

Church according to B...

Today we were waiting for Ababa to get out of a looooong mtg after church and B decided to reenact church.

Here's church from B's perspective:

"First we sing" He sat next to me and started tunelessly droning "come, come, come" which was his rendition of "Come now is the time to worship" which we sang this morning:-)

"Then we pray."He stood in front of me and said in a serious deep voice "blue hexagon man....hexagon, hexagon, hexagon....boom, man now...[mommy, close your eyes, we prayin'! *I was trying really hard not to laugh at this point*]...hexagon, man, man...amen" (today the prayer was in spanish and english which I think threw him for a loop:-).

He stayed in front of me

"Now we learn about Jesus...Pastor R talks...Jesus loves me"

"Now communion...dis the bread, dis the cup"

"Now pray" (he was quiet here)

"Now we sing...come, come, come (cue another rousing but tuneless rendition of Come, Now is the Time to Worship).


On a total other note...make this...trust me...it's uh-maz-ing...

I replaced each egg with 1.5 TBSP full fat greek yogurt and eliminated the eggwash.  Delish!

Let me put it this way...I doubled the recipe b/c I figured we could take to church or work, so we had 2 doz.  I took 1 doz to church this morning and they were gone in literally less than 2 minutes!  Ababa looked at me from the front:

Him: You brought the babkas!!!!!! WHY!?!??!?!!?  You always give away the good stuff

Me: oh, don't worry I kept 6 for us

Him: Nooooo...THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!

yeah, they are that good...


No comments:

Post a Comment