Friday, June 8, 2012

The Modesty Police!

1. B is bossy
2. B is a little possessive of his mommy (particularly as it relates to Ababa and/or other children)
3. B is a little  a lot obsessed with b**bs (aka oonoonas--not sure if this is a Bism or an Amharic or Sidama word, but it's the only word he will use for them:-)

This morning Ababa was working and B and I were getting ready/eating breakfast.  I had put on an easy Friday outfit for work--long black v-neck sundress and a black and white shrug cardigan.

I sit down at the table with B and he immediately puts down his spoon, gets a concerned look on his face, and goes, "uh-oh...mama's sahwry" (his version of sorry) and just sits there.  I'm like "what, what's wrong?"  He stares at my chest, and deliberately says, "Uh-oh, mama...mama's movin'...fix it...mama's sahwry"

I look at him perplexed, trying to figure out what the heck he is talking about.

He pointedly looks at my chest some more, looks at me like I am beyond stupid to not understand what he's saying, folds his arms over his chest, glares at me, and says "Uh-oh...Mama's oonoona's are moving. Fix it... Mama needs to fix the oonoonas...she is moving (we're still working on pronouns--I'm pretty sure "she" was referring to the oonoonas:-).

Then he flaps one arm in an imperious wave and says "fix it...fit it now mommy...the oonoonas are moving...fix the oonoonas."

Guess who wore an ugly red tank top to work under her pretty black sundress to ensure that the outfit was cleavage free, and there were no "oonoonas" to be seen?


There is a reason his nickname is "Bossy McGee"...










And just 'cause they crack me up...



Oh I love my sweet boy (though I spent most of the subway ride to work this morning planning on changing out of my nunnified tank top like a rebellious 13 year old:-)

1 comment: