Thursday, December 13, 2012

New look, new ideas, almost the new year!

Long time no see, right?

It's been a little (a lot) crazy  around here!  At this point we are holding on by the tips of our fingers and very much looking forward to a long Christmas break with family and friends.

But...I've had a little time to think about this blog.  We started it to chronicle our journey to our son and our adventure becoming a family so that our relatives and friends could share that life altering and amazing experience in some way!

Although my deepest desire for 2013 is to welcome another child/children to our family through adoption, Ababa is not quite ready for that.  So, until we can chronicle that new journey on here (which believe me I will be shouting from the rooftops!) I'll continue to post periodic updates on our family/bonding&attachment/life/my thoughts on adoption, but I also want to advocate more for waiting kids...the children who are breaking my heart.  If we can't welcome them into our family yet, maybe they are meant to be in your family!

So, we are going to start "Waiting Child Wednesdays".  Every Wednesday I'm going to raise awareness for specific waiting kids, especially the ones who are resting heavy in my heart.  Pray for them, advocate for them, raise awareness about them, and maybe we can help place the lonely (children and parents-to-be) in families.

Also, I am going to start "Family Fridays" raising awareness about family preservation programs and initiatives to help alleviate poverty, AIDS, lack of clean water, lack of healthcare and childcare, and other issues that contribute to children needing families throughout the world (including in the US).

I think it sounds great, but just in case that all sounds too heavy I'll still be posting random stuff adorable pictures of B, great egg-free recipes, and a potpourri of other musings.








1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new header and I'm super excited about your new Wed. idea!

    ReplyDelete